31 March 2007

Backdrop Number Two - Work in Progress


If you click on the image, it will be huge. This is because it is easier for me to color the image if I shrink it to 40% of scan size after it's finished than if I do it prior to coloring.


I need to get these clouds to look more alike. Other than that, a good start, I think.

For the majority of the time, that window is going to be unbroken, and have a pretty orange stained glass motif focusing on the insignia of the Order of the Unbroken Circle. (I should clarify that the Order aren't the bad guys of the story, but some of the more important antagonists are members of the Order.) The unbroken window is going to be layered on top of the normal, broken window image shown here. How does it break, you ask?



















That's how.

Also, I am thankful that I won't have to draw or color trees for another few chapters, and that the next time we are outside, we'll be in a wooded area of a very different sort; while I am generally pleased with how these turned out, I really didn't enjoy the process of coloring them at all. Luckily, coloring Uncle Jasper is my favorite thing about this project... which is good, considering that I have about 8 more pages of him to finish drawing and coloring before I switch to a chapter about the children.

No comments: