24 March 2007

Backdrop for Page One - Work in Progress



I think the only thing that still looks out of place is the leaf... it is too bright. I might still want to fix the white bits still stuck on the hills, and the right side of the rightmost tree.



































I'm fairly happy with how this scanned in, and how my coloring work is going on it. The road was painted in Paint Shop using a dark brown base and a transparent, less than 50% opaque pattern filter, filled with a lighten blend condition. The sky was made using a dark blue base and a semi-opaque light-to-dark blue blend, filled with a lighten blend condition.

This backdrop is going to be used for the first page and a half of the book, which will consist of a sequence of three panels of this image, with Crazy Uncle Jasper running down the road in the first two panels and the angry mob chasing after him in the third panel.

I've got a long way to go on this, but I think it looks good so far.

No comments: